It provides the students with various activities that will engage them in promoting health and wellness of the community and by protecting the environment.
Course Outline – Health 9
This course demonstrates understanding of community and environmental health; injury prevention, safety and first aid); and prevention of substance use and abuse to achieve, sustain, and promote community health and wellness
I. Objectives: At the end of the quarter the students may be able to:
- analyze the effects of environmental issues on people’s health;
- suggest ways to prevent and manage environmental health issues;
- participate in implementing an environmental project such as building and maintaining a school garden or conducting a war on waste campaign (depends on feasibility).
A. Community and Environment Health
- Characteristics of a Healthy Community
- Nature and Health Effects of Environment Issues
- Prevention and Management of Environment Health Issues
III. Criteria for Evaluation
A. Written Works- 20%
B. Performance Tasks- 60%
C. Quarterly Assessment- 20%
Meeting does not exist: 82349971100.