Mathematics 10 demonstrates understanding of key concepts and principles of patterns and algebra (sequences, series, polynomials, polynomial equations, and polynomial functions); geometry (circles and coordinate geometry); and statistics and probability (combinatorics and probability, and measures of position) as applied – using appropriate technology – in critical thinking, problem solving, reasoning, communicating, making connections, representations, and decisions in real life.
I. OBJECTIVE: At the end of the quarter the students will be able to:
1. generates patterns.
2. Illustrates arithmetic sequence and geometric sequence.
3. determines arithmetic means and the nth term of an arithmetic sequence.
4. determines geometric means and the nth term of a geometric sequence.
5. finds the sum of the terms of a given arithmetic sequence and of a given geometric sequence.
6. illustrates other types of sequences (e.g., harmonic, Fibonacci).
7. performs division of polynomials using long division and synthetic division.
8. proves the Remainder Theorem and the Factor Theorem.
9. solves polynomial equations.
10. solves problems involving sequences, polynomials and polynomial equations in different disciplines through appropriate and accurate representations.
Unit 1. PATTERNS and ALGEBRA
- 1 Arithmetic Sequence
- 2 Geometric Sequence
- 3 Compare Arithmetic sequence from Geometric sequence
- 4 Geometric Means, nth term, and Sum of geometric Series
- 5 Solve problems involving Sequences
2.1 Division of polynomials using Long Division and Synthetic Division
2.2 Proving: Remainder Theorem, Factor Theorem, Rational Root Theorem Factoring of Polynomial Polynomial
2.3 Word problems involving Polynomial Equations
III. CRITERIA for EVALUATION:
Quizzes —————————– 40%
Periodical Test ——————- 20%
Performance Task ————– 40%
Meeting does not exist: 81501085673.