Mathematics 8 demonstrates understanding of key concepts and principles of patterns and algebra (factors of polynomials, rational algebraic expressions linear equations and inequalities in two variables, systems of linear equations and inequalities in two variables); geometry (axiomatic structure of geometry, triangle congruence, inequalities in a triangle, and parallel and perpendicular lines); and statistics and probability (probability of simple events) as applied – using appropriate technology – in critical thinking, problem solving, reasoning, communicating, making connections, representations, and decisions in real life.
I. OBJECTIVE: At the end of the quarter the students will be able to:
- factors polynomials.
- Illustrates and simplifies rational algebraic expressions.
- performs operations on rational algebraic expressions.
- illustrates the rectangular coordinate system and its uses.
- illustrates the slope of a line.
- finds the slope of a line given two points, equation, and graph.
- writes the linear equation ax + by = c in the form y = mx + b and vice versa.
- graphs a linear equation given (a)any two points; (b) the x – and y-intercepts; (c) the slope and a point on the line.
- finds the equation of a line given(a) two points; (b) the slope and point; (c) the slope and its intercepts.
- illustrates and graphs a system of linear equations in two variables.
- categorizes when a given system of linear equations in two variable has graphs that are parallel, intersecting, and coinciding.
- formulates real-life problems involving polynomials, rational algebraic expressions, linear equations and systems of linear equations with accuracy using a variety of strategies.
- Factoring Polynomials
- Word Problems involving factors of polynomials.
- Illustrating and Simplifying Rational Algebraic Expressions
- Operations on rational algebraic expressions.
- Word problems involving rational algebraic expressions
- The Rectangular Coordinate System and its Uses.
- System of linear equations in two variables.
- Word Problems involving linear equations with two variables.
III. CRITERIA for EVALUATION:
Quizzes —————————– 40%
Periodical Test ——————- 20%
Performance Task ————– 40%
Meeting does not exist: 84617499583.