It focuses on the significant development of music in the 20th century. It provides easy and fun activities for the students through appreciation.
Course Outline – MUSIC 10
This course demonstrates understanding of salient features of contemporary music and the arts, through appreciation, analysis, and performance, for self-development, the celebration of Filipino cultural identity and diversity, and the expansion of one’s world vision.
I. Objectives: At the end of the quarter the students may be able to:
- relate 20th Century music to other art forms and media during the same time period;
- perform music sample from the 20th century;
- evaluate music and music performances using guided rubrics.
A. Musical Styles of the 20th Century
- Characteristics of the 20th Century Music
- Debussy and Impressionism
- Schoenberg and Expressionism
- Electronic Music
- Chance Music
III. Criteria for Evaluation
A. Written Works- 20%
B. Performance Tasks- 60%
C. Quarterly Assessment- 20%
Total- 100 %