Learners can investigate changes in some observable properties of materials when mixed with other materials or when force is applied on them. They can identify materials that do not decay and use this knowledge to help minimize waste at home, school, and in the community.
Learners can describe the functions of the different internal parts of the body in order to practice ways to maintain good health. They can classify plants and animals according to where they live and observe interactions among living things and their environment. They can infer that plants and animals have traits that help them survive in their environment. Learners can investigate the effects of push or pull on the size, shape, and movement of an object.
Learners can investigate which type of soil is best for certain plants and infer the importance of water in daily activities. They learned about what makes up weather and apply their knowledge of weather conditions in making decisions for the day. They can infer the importance of the Sun to life on Earth.
At the end of the quarter, the students will be able to;
- know The basic science process skills of observing, inferring, classifying, measuring , communicating and predict.
- identify the integrated process skills of hypothesizing , controlling variables and experimenting
- learn how to evaluate whether changes in materials are useful or harmful.
- observe things using the different senses.
- make inferences from given observations.
- measure objects as to length and temperature.
- analyze and interpret data presented in tables, charts or graphs.
- predict through interpolation and extrapolation of data.
- develop confidence in carrying out the activities on process skills.
- show willingness to do an experiment with a group.
- accept responsibility and consequences fro their behavior in and out of the classroom/laboratory.
Unit 1: INTODUCTION TO SCIENCE AND MATTER
Chapter 1: THE SCIENTIFIC PROCESSES
Lesson 1- THE BASIC PROCESS SKILLS
- Observing with the Five Senses
Lesson 2- THE INTEGRATED PROCESS SKILLS
- Controlling Variables
- Recording and Interpreting Data
Chapter 2: MATTER
Lesson 3- PROPERTIES OF MATTER
- Mass and Weight
- The Ability to Sink or Float
- The Ability to Absorb Water
- Undergo Decay
Lesson 4- Changes In Matter
- Physical Changes
- Chemical Changes
- CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION:
Written Work 40%
Performance Tasks 40%
Quarterly Assessment 20%
Meeting does not exist: 81831796573.